Sunday, May 8, 2011

Choosing A Career That Is RIGHT for YOU

Wouldn't LIFE be wonderful if you just know what DESTINY holds for you? If you know what your career will be and how successful you will be in your life? Everyone has a vague idea about what they want to do with their life.Your LIFE is what you make out of it. Choosing a career that is right for you is in your own hands. Some people choose specific career to please someone in their life such as: My dad is a Doctor, so I should be one too; my mother is in Army so I should join Army too, and, what not. I think the biggest thing when you choose your career or what you expect in life is what would make you HAPPY? Are you passionate about the field of medicine if you want to become a Doctor? Are you amongst those who do their job because they like it and not just because they are getting paid to do it?

Sometimes it is so simple to say, "Oh yeah, I want to be a PILOT, or I want to be a Physician." But, have you ever thought about if what you have thought is the RIGHT career for YOU? I have always been one of those people who try to live up their dream. Since I was a child, I wanted to fly an aeroplane. Everytime I would see a plane, I would tell my grandfather that one day I am going to fly a plane and he used to laugh at me. Growing up with time, somehow I developed a passion for the Allied Health field and I wanted to pursue a career in the field of medicine. I knew what I wanted but I didn't know if that was something I would enjoy doing. The only way to find out if I would enjoy medicine as much as I would love flying a plane was by working in a hospital environment. I started interning at the hospital and I cannot express it in words but I was just so happy to be at the hospital. Just being there with patients, doctors and the medical team was an amazing experience. Becoming a
pilot was my dream but pursuing a career in medicine then became my passion. I am not saying that people should not follow their dreams.....the only thing is that you need to know what is that makes YOU happy.
"Life is a game, so play your moves wisely"- as some people say. Every decision you make in your life can MAKE you or BREAK you.

No comments:

Post a Comment